We are here to assist you with professional advice and guidance in relation to all employment related matters.
Human resources and industrial relations are regulated by a host of legislation, similar to the financial services industry. The complexity and volume of rules, regulations and processes can be challenging to business owners who employ staff, particularly in micro, small and medium sized businesses.
Hilton is an independent consultant and our in-house human resources professional. He has more than 32 years’ experience in human resources and industrial relations. He worked in a large national organisation for 28 years where he fulfilled various regional and national roles, at both operational and strategic level.
In 2013 Hilton started his own HR consulting business and at the same time commenced his professional association with CMEFS. To date he has assisted clients in the commercial, financial, manufacturing, engineering, chemical, nursing services, retail, pharmaceutical, banking, hospitality, architectural, commodity, fashion and visual arts sectors, as well as a number of individual employees, including senior managers and executives.
Hilton is a Chartered Human Resources Professional and has been professionally registered with the SA Board for People Practices (SABPP) since 1992. He is also an accredited mediator (in South Africa & the UK).
We are therefore able to offer professional advice and assistance in a wide variety of areas including:
- Preventing workplace issues from resulting in discipline & dismissal
- Drafting employment contracts & settlement agreements
- Drafting HR/IR policies and procedures
- Recruitment and assessment of staff
- Facilitation and training of employees, supervisors & managers
- Preparation & submission of Skills Development reports & plans (in collaboration with Daisy Kahn, our Skills Development Facilitator)
- Managing discipline and grievances
- Chairing enquiries
- Managing workplace conflict
- Managing all trade union issues
- Preparing for CCMA / bargaining council disputes
- Managing employee incapacity and absenteeism
- Wage negotiations
- Mediation services
The relevant summary wall charts of labour legislation that businesses are required to display in their workplace, are also available.
If you would like to establish whether or not your business is fully compliant with employment legislation, we are able to conduct a comprehensive compliance assessment for your business.